Jurying - How to Apply
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 1, 2020
Information and applications for rejurying of current Spanish Market artists and jurying of new artists into the Spanish Market are available below.
If you want to become a Spanish Market artist, please read the information provided in the link below on “How to Become a Spanish Market Artist.”
Before completing your application form, please contact the Spanish Market Director, David Rasch, at (505) 982-2226 ext. 123 or email him at email@example.com to assure eligibility and category selection.
Registration Deadline: January 1, 2020
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020 (see Jury Day Art Categories note below) and Saturday, February 8, 2020 (see Jury Day Art Categories note below)
Location: Cristo Rey Gymnasium aka Monsignor Patrick Smith Center, 1201 Cristo Rey Street, Santa Fe, NM
Drop-Off: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Pick-Up: 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Note: Late entries will NOT be accepted.
The Spanish Colonial Arts Society is not responsible for any artwork left at the Church after 4:00 pm on the jurying day.
Directions to the facility are provided in the links below on this page.
For current Spanish Market artists, Art Categories that will be rejuried in 2020 are:
- Painted Bultos
- Painted Reliefs
- Unpainted Reliefs
Application procedure for current Spanish Market artists:
1. All current artists who are juried into one or more of the Art Categories listed for rejurying this year, and who are not exempt from rejurying, must complete the online application form (link provided below) to rejury. No fee is assessed for rejurying in a current Art Category. Three pieces of completed artwork must be submitted to rejury for each Art Category.
2. All current artists who are requesting to jury into a new category must complete the online application form (link provided below) with a fee of $40.00 per category. Three pieces of completed artwork must be submitted to jury for each Art Category.
Application procedure for new artists:
All new artists must complete the online application form (link provided below) with a brief genealogy and with a fee of $40.00 per category. Three pieces of completed artwork must be submitted to jury for each Art Category.
Jury Day Art Categories:
2. Innovations within Tradition: Retablos
3. all other categories except those listed on February 8, 1-6
1. Painted Bultos
2. Innovations within Tradition: Painted Bultos
3. Painted Reliefs
4. Innovations within Tradition: Painted Reliefs
5. Unpainted Reliefs
6. Innovations within Tradition: Unpainted Reliefs
7. all other categories except those listed on January 25, 1 and 2
Note: All current Spanish Market artists and all new artists who are requesting jurying for “other categories” except those listed in 1 and 2 on January 25 and those listed in 1-6 on February 8 will be notified about which day(s) their artworks will be juried after all applications have been processed. Some artists may be required to jury on both days, depending on their category requests.
All artwork entries for Innovations within Tradition must be accompanied by a clear description of the innovation represented in each piece. While innovation must be within the tradition, artwork can be innovative in subjects, forms, materials, tools, and/or techniques. Please be sure to check that your proposed innovation is not prohibited or unacceptable in the applicable Art Category description.
Any questions about jurying or exemptions from jurying should be directed to David Rasch at (505) 982-2226 ext. 123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE > How To Become A Spanish Market Artist
CLICK HERE > Rejurying Schedule
CLICK HERE > Directions to Cristo Rey Gymnasium
Click below to APPLY using the appropriate registration form(s).
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 1, 2020