Make a Donation
Through our many programs (Permanent Collections, Educational Programs, Reference Library, Spanish Markets, and the Museum) we are able to offer unparalleled opportunities for students, educators, researchers, and others, including:
– Making available to the public our collections and library focused on northern New Mexico art forms as influenced by the traditions of Spanish Colonial art, including rare objects from that period.
– Hosting Traditional Spanish Market each year, provided free to over 80,000 attendees every summer with affordable booth fees that help support our local and regional artists.
– Operating the only museum in the United States to focus on northern New Mexican art forms in the only John Gaw Meem residential building open to the public in New Mexico.
– Exhibiting the work of living Spanish Market artists in our galleries and making their work available for viewing in our Stockman Collections Center year-round.
– Offering visitors the experience of viewing a Class I listed archeological easement of the Santa Fe Trail on site, recognized by the National Park Service with interpretive signage.
As one of the oldest cultural heritage arts and education organizations in the area, the Spanish Colonial Arts Society is honored to continue to play a role in protecting and preserving the traditions of Spanish Colonial art that after more than 500 years continue to impact Southwestern art and culture.